Apple & Gouda Cheese Chicken Sausage Quiche
Compliments of Amylu, Creator of Sausages by Amylu
Servings: Makes ONE 9-inch quiche
Product used in this recipe:
Sausages by Amylu Apple & Gouda Cheese Chicken Sausage
|2 links||Sausages by Amylu Apple & Gouda Cheese Chicken Sausage|
|1 9-in.||Pie crust|
|3/4 cup||Onion, sliced/diced|
|1 1/2||Garlic cloves|
|1/4 tsp.||Cayenne pepper|
|1/4 cup||Green Onion, sliced|
|1 cup||Cream, or substitute milk|
|4-6 oz.||Gouda cheese, shredded|
|1/2||Granny Smith apple|
|1 Tbsp.||Brown sugar|
|Salt and pepper to taste|
- Caramelize onion in a large sauté pan with vegetable oil.
- Add garlic; cook over low heat for 3 minutes.
- Place onions on cookie sheet; allow to cool in refrigerator, uncovered
- Slice Granny Smith apple and Sausages by Amylu Apple & Gouda Cheese Chicken Sausage into small pieces, and sauté together with brown sugar until apple pieces are soft.
- Whisk together eggs, cream/milk in a separate bowl; season with salt, pepper, & cayenne pepper; add green onions; mix well.
- Shred Gouda cheese.
- Place the sautéed apples & sausages in the bottom of the pie crust; top with caramelized onions and shredded cheese.
- Pour milk and egg mixture over the top of the apples, sausage and cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes, or until done.