Apple & Gouda Cheese Chicken Sausage with White Beans, Cabbage & Apples
Compliments of Chef Charlie Brown, Chef Consultant, Chicago, IL
Product used in this recipe:
Sausages by Amylu Apple & Gouda Cheese Chicken Sausage
|8 links||Sausages by Amylu Apple & Gouda Cheese Chicken Sausage|
|1 cup||Celery, sliced|
|1 cup||Yellow onion, diced|
|4 cups||Green cabbage, sliced|
|2||Garlic cloves, roughly chopped|
|1/2 lb.||Great Northern white beans, soaked in water overnight|
|2||Granny Smith apples, peeled & cut into wedges|
|6 cups||Chicken stock or broth|
|2 tsp.||Fresh sage, minced|
|For garnish, chopped Italian parsley & Gouda cheese.|
|Kosher salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste.|
- Heat olive oil in a heavy baking dish with a lid, on stovetop.
- Add celery, onions & garlic; sauté until onions are translucent.
- Add cabbage; continue to sauté until cabbage wilts.
- Turn off heat; add Sausages by Amylu Apple & Gouda Chicken Sausage, white beans, apples, chicken stock bay leaves & sage; stir gently, mixing well.
- Cover & bake for 2 1/2 hours in 350° oven.
- Taste & season with salt & pepper.
- Divide into bowls, serving two sausages per person; generously grate Gouda cheese over servings & sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Slow-cooking method: Sauté celery, onions, garlic & cabbage on stovetop; place in crock pot long with the remaining ingredients; cook on low setting approx. 6 hrs.